Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Scam Alert

I received several calls from Distinct Advantage from 727-683-1138 today.

Seems that they got my information from a 'partner' from whom I had made a purchase by check. I was entitled to Free Gas Vouchers and other gifts, just by verifying my checking information.

Ok, first problem with this, I don't use checks.

So I looked up Distinct Advantage Gas Voucher on Google.

There is page after page warning that this is a Scam and a Ripp-Off.

So I asked the girl, why does Google have thousands of results saying you are a scam or a rip-off?

She assured me that they were not a scam or rip-off. But she was very flustered.

So I asked, "Who referred you to me?" She did this song and dance about a valued retailer, and it could have been anything I bought, from a candy bar to a shirt.

So, I asked, "Are you going to answer my question, or is that not possible?" She asked what my question was, and I again asked, "Who referred you to me?"

She said she could not say.

So I asked, "You have thousands of Google references as being a scam, you can't tell me who referred you, and you want my bank information? Can you see why I know you are trying to rip me off?"

"What would you like me to do sir?" She asked.

I told her to remove me from their call list and never call me again. She gave me some song and dance about the company and thier website.

Wonder if they will call back...

Here is their e-mail address, by the way info@distinct-advantage.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home