Thursday, June 08, 2006

How NOT to steal a SideKick II

As much as this web site started as a how to get my money back for an eBay theft site, and accomplished that purpose, I want it to continue.

So I'll continue to link to interesting eBay and Internet fraud stories that I find interesting.

My favorite part, from both my experience and the linked story here is how the criminals always try to present themselves as the wronged parties.

I stole your money/phone and I'm going to kick your ass / sue you because you tried to get it back from me later.

So here is the amusing story of a young girl in New York that stole someone's misplaced Sidekick. The lesson to this story? Criminals can be amusingly stupid.

How NOT to steal a SideKick II


[UPDATE 6-21-2006]

Looks like Sasha (like that pic of Sasha? After all her family's whining about her being only 16, I think it is funny she has a piereced tounge, only one reason a girl does that...) was arrested late yesterday, Evan does not want to press charges, but really should, I'll get to that later. The story is up at the New York Times, but you need a free registration to read their site if you click the link.

Now, Evan should press charges. Only dropping them when the family signs something that they will not go through with their threatened harassment lawsuit.

New York Times Story

How not to steal a Sidekick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home